The Christmas season often means spending more time with family, having delicious meals and exchanging gifts with loved ones.
The fact that’s it time to remember the birth of our savior Jesus Christ, it’s still a perfect time to focus on giving and gratitude. Remember, despite the lavish celebrations with families and friends, there are countless people for whom Christmas is not always as merry.
Every Christmas season, individuals, families and organizations look for ways to practice generosity and selfless service. Because this is the time that we are reminded of the many people in the world that are not as fortunate as ourselves.
So, are you giving a thought to doing any charitable deed in Uganda this Christmas season? Here are some simple ways to give back this holiday.
- Adopt a family. There are several families that even lost the meaning of Christmas. They struggle to get something to eat from the first day of the year till it ends. Such families lack even a singular and simple lavish celebration for the Christmas season. Select one of such families, deliver gifts to them. Items like clothes, food, cash and toys work out better. Donating tastes sweeter than unwrapping received gifts. There are many organizations that can help you adopt a family, even us; Love Uganda Foundation, we can surely help you spot out a needy family. Alternatively, visit your nearest church or school to find a family in need.
- Visit a childcare center or an orphanage. Visit an orphanage in Uganda and donate blankets, food, toys, clothes, books and anything you might feel important. Even if you don’t have the money, just visit with friends and family these homes. Sometimes, just having people around to give you a feeling that you matter as a person can really uplift someone. This is an act of love that can change lives this Christmas season.
- Support a local fundraiser. Several organizations. Many local charities and organizations host fundraisers during December. Do some online research and select a fundraiser that gives you and to your family more meaning. Support it through participating, volunteering and sometimes even donating things or cash.
- Travel with a purpose. Still the Christmas season is a travel period. It’s the perfect time that families and friends choose to travel to their dream destinations. This is when most workers take off their holiday leaves to spend time with loved ones. However, if it’s a travel holiday, make it a point to patronize travel companies that give a portion of their profits back to the community. Say; Love Uganda Safaris is an ultimate safari planner company to Uganda, Rwanda, Congo, Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya and all part of East Africa. It gives 40% of its profits back to the community.
- Be a secret santa. Seek out for people in need this Christmas season. Try to determine their needs and surprise them without having any clue of it source. It could be a rent payment, school fees payment or even just simple gifts to all the family members. Remember giving back is not about publicizing what you have done, even what’s done in secret, its still charity.
Blessing other lives doesn’t take much. And the Christmas season is a wonderful time to put a smile on someone’s face. There are several ways you can make someone’s day magical, even if not listed up there, but you feel it’s a good act of love, just go on and do it. Changing lives is worth every single effort invested.